Acrefine AS-Z type seismic snubber is designed to limit equipment motion and prevent overturning or uplift caused by external forces such as seismic events. It is manufactured from high quality ductile cast iron.
This snubber provides a cost-effective solution where overturning and uplift of the equipment is possible. At least four snubbers must be installed in opposing directions to restrain equipment subject to lateral forces from any direction.
AS-Z type snubber is equipped with elastic rubber on the impact surfaces of the snubber. Rubber reduces the shock loads and ensures improved performance during earthquake.
- Cost-effective solution for all directional restraining
- Easy to install
- Can be bolted or welded in place
- 35 mm (1/4″) thick rubber cushion on impact surfaces
- Powder coated for superior corrosion protection (optional hot dip galvanizing is available)
- Load capacity up to 2,500 kgf (5,512 lbf) on standard range
Acrefine AS-Z type snubbers are designed for floor mounted equipment. They offer a cost-effective solution for applications where equipment is on resilient supports such as rubber or springs and thus all-directional restraining is required. When installed snubbers remain out of contact during normal operation. They are built to withstand seismic forces so that equipment can be held in place. These snubbers come in different sizes and up to 2,500 kgf (5,512 lbf) load capacity. Higher load capacities are available upon request.