Acrefine AS-A type seismic snubber is designed to limit equipment motion in all directions caused by external forces such as seismic events. At least two snubbers must be installed opposite one another to limit movement of equipment when subject to seismic or wind forces from any direction. Snubbers can also be utilized for vertical installations where there is no need to consider vertical forces.
AS-A type snubber consists of two components. One is attached to the supporting structure and the other one to the equipment. Impact surfaces on the components are protected by elastic rubber. This reduces shock loads for improved performance during a seismic movement.
- All directional restraining
- Can be installed horizontally or vertically
- Can be bolted or welded in place
- Easily inspected for correct installation alignment
- 35 mm (1/4″) thick rubber cushion on impact surfaces
- Powder coated for superior corrosion protection (optional hot dip galvanizing is available)
- Load capacity up to 10,000 kgf (22,046 lbf) on standard range
Acrefine AS-A type snubbers are designed for floor mounted equipment. They are suitable for applications where equipment is on resilient supports such as rubber or springs and thus all-directional restraining is required. When installed snubbers remain out of contact during normal operation. They are built to withstand seismic forces so that equipment can be held in place. These snubbers come in different sizes and up to 10,000 kgf (22,046 lbf) load capacity. Higher load capacities are available upon request.