Acrefine AS-C type seismic snubber is designed to limit equipment motion in horizontal plane caused by external forces such as seismic events. It is manufactured from high quality structural steel or ductile iron casting.
This snubber is ideal for applications where vertical forces acting on the equipment are very minor and there is no danger of overturning. At least four snubbers must be installed in opposing directions to restrain equipment subject to lateral forces from any direction.
AS-C type snubber is equipped with elastic rubber on the impact surface of the snubber. Rubber reduces the shock loads and ensures improved performance during earthquake
- Cost effective solution for applications with no overturning or uplift
- Easy to install
- Can be bolted or welded in place
- 35 mm (1/4″) thick rubber cushion on impact surfaces
- Powder coated for superior corrosion protection (optional hot dip galvanizing is available)
- Load capacity up to 6,000 kgf (13,227 lbf) on standard range
Acrefine AS-C type snubbers are designed for floor mounted equipment. They are suitable for applications where equipment is on resilient supports such as rubber or springs and thus all-directional restraining is required. When installed snubbers remain out of contact during normal operation. They are built to withstand seismic forces so that equipment can be held in place. These snubbers come in different sizes and up to 6,000 kgf (13,227 lbf) load capacity. Higher load capacities are available upon request.